A Collection of Supportive and Informative Books, Websites, Blogs and Helpful Organizations
Highly Recommended Resource:
THE ILLUSIONISTS Documentary
The Illusionists examines how global advertising firms, mass media conglomerates, and the beauty, fashion, and cosmetic surgery industries are changing the way people around the world define beauty and see themselves.
Written, directed and produced by Elena Rossini.
CLICK HERE to Buy or Rent the film today.
Life Beyond Your Eating Disorder, Reclaim Yourself, Regain Your Health, Recover for Good, by Johanna S. Kandel
- Life Without Ed, By Jenni Schaefer
- Goodbye Ed, Hello Me, by Jenni Schaefer
- Does This Pregnancy Make Me Look Fat? The Essential Guide to Loving Your Body Before and After Baby, by Claire Mysko & Magali Amadei
- Gaining: The Truth About Life After Eating Disorders, by Aimee Liu
- Restoring our bodies, reclaiming our lives: Guidance and reflections on recovery from eating disorders, Edited by Aimee Liu
- Health at Every Size: the surprising truth about your weight, by Linda Bacon, PhD
- Eating Mindfully: how to end mindless eating a enjoy a balanced relationship with food, by Susan Albers, PsyD
- Crave: why you binge eat and how to stop, by Cynthia M. Bulik, PhD
- Intuitive Eating: a revolutionary program that works, by Evelyn Tribole, MS, RD
- The Body Image Workbook: An Eight-Step Program for Learning to Like Your Looks, by Thomas Cash, PhD
- The CED Blog- The Center for Eating Disorders' staff shares information and insight related to current events, eating disorders research, therapeutic skills and recovery.
- Gürze/Salucore Eating Disorders Resource Catalogue - a publishing company specializing in resources for eating disorders recovery.
- Eating Disorder Hope™ - offers information, articles, recovery tools and more for individuals struggling with eating disorders.
- Weightless - a blog about body image, the skinny fad and freedom from numbers. Written by Margarita Tartakovsky, MS
FILMS & DOCUMENTARIES
- The Illusionists DOCUMENTARY - The Illusionists is a critically acclaimed documentary about the globalization of beauty. Click the title to rent or buy.
For Parents, Families & Support People:
- Surviving an Eating Disorder: Strategies for Family & Friends, 3rd Edition by Michelle Siegel, Judith Brisman and Margot Weinshel
- Why She Feels Fat: Understanding Your Loved One’s Eating Disorder and How You Can Help, by Johanna Maria McShane, PhD and Tony Paulson, PhD
- Help Your Teenager Beat an Eating Disorder, by James Lock ,MD, PhD and Daniel Le Grange PhD
- NEDA’s Parent TOOLKIT
- Maudsley Parents
- Decoding Anorexia: How Breakthroughs in Science Offer Hope for Eating Disorders
by Carrie Arnold
- www.EllynSatter.com, Feeding support, eating disorder prevention resources on raising competent eaters
For Medical & Treatment Professionals
- Preventing Obesity and Eating Disorders in Adolescents (PDF), American Academy of Pediatrics Clinical Report, Guidance for the Clinician in Rendering Pediatric Care
- Eating Disorders: A Guide to Medical Care (AED Report 2016, 3rd Edition) by the Academy for Eating Disorders
- Practice Parameter for the Assessment and Treatment of Children and Adolescents With Eating Disorders by James Lock, MD, PhD, AND Maria C. La Via, MD, and the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) Committee on Quality Issues (CQI)
- Dental Complication of Eating Disorders, by The National Eating Disorders Association
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Eating Disorders, by Christopher Fairburn
- The Oxford Handbook of Eating Disorders, by W. Stewart Agras
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy for Binge Eating and Bulimia, by Debra Safer, Christy Telch and Eunice Chen
- Treatment Manual for Anorexia Nervosa: a family-based approach, by Lock, LeGrange, Agras and Dare
- The Clinician’s Guide to Collaborative Caring in Eating Disorders, by Janet Treasure, Ulrike Schmidt and Pam Macdonald
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Eating Disorders, by Emily Sandoz, PhD, Kelly Wilson, PhD, and Troy Dufrene
For Schools, Educators & Coaches
- NEDA’s Educators TOOLKIT
- NEDA’s Coach & Athletic Trainers TOOLKIT
- Naafa Child Advocacy Toolkit (free download)
- Eating Disorders in Sport, by Ron Thompson and Roberta Sherman (BOOK)
- The Illusionists DOCUMENTARY (Educational Versions) - This film examines how global advertising firms, mass media conglomerates, and the beauty, fashion, and cosmetic surgery industries are changing the way people around the world define beauty and see themselves.
National & International Eating Disorder Organizations
- Academy for Eating Disorders (for treatment professionals)
- Eating Disorders Coalition for Research, Policy & Action (EDC)
- The National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA)
- Binge Eating Disorder Association (BEDA)
- The Alliance for Eating Disorders