The Center for Eating Disorders provides all the key components of effective multidisciplinary outpatient treatment in one convenient location.
Outpatient therapy is an integral component in the continuum of care. It is where most individuals do their long-term work towards recovery. Outpatient treatment is ideal in cases of early intervention before the disorder intensifies or escalates in severity. Outpatient treatment is also an important component for individuals stepping down from of higher levels of care who need consistent support throughout the week as they continue healing.
The Center for Eating Disorders outpatient department is located in the Physicians Pavilion North building. The central location allows patients and families to easily access multi-disciplinary treatment providers and a variety of outpatient services in one place.
Outpatient Services offered:
- Individual Therapy – Outpatient therapists are available to provide bi-weekly, weekly, or more frequent therapy sessions with individuals based on their personal needs. Outpatient individual therapy is conducted by psychologists, licensed clinical social workers and licensed professional counselors.
- Family Therapy & Couples Therapy – There are many options for outpatient family treatment and support, including Family-Based Treatment (FBT) for children and adolescents
- Psychiatry / Medication Management – Our team of board-certified psychiatrists in the outpatient department provide all initial evaluations for treatment and provide ongoing consultations for medication, medication management and referrals for physical monitoring.
- Nutrition Counseling – Our outpatient department has three Registered Dietitians who work closely with individuals and families to help normalize eating and establish a healthy relationship with food.
- Outpatient Therapy Groups – Group therapy is a great way to build recovery tools and get support, while also practicing interpersonal and communication skills. Various weekly treatment groups are offered by our specially-trained therapists. Some examples of outpatient treatment groups include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for Body Image
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for Adults
- Dialectic Behavior Therapy (DBT) Group
- Motivation to Change Therapy Group (Saturdays)
- Interpersonal Therapy Group for Adults with Binge Eating Disorder
- Recovery Skills Group for Patients Transitioning out of a Higher Level of Care
Different treatment groups are offered throughout the year and have different enrollment processes. Please call (410) 938-5252 to find out about current group availability.
Our outpatient department provides access to all of these services, and we participate with most insurance plans. If you’re interested in seeking outpatient therapy for an eating disorder, it’s easy to get started. Simply call one of our admissions coordinators at (410) 938-5252 to initiate the evaluation process.
If you’re not sure whether you have an eating disorder or if you might need treatment, you can take this confidential online self-assessment first.
Looking for more intensive treatment? Visit these other pages:
You may also be interested in:
Free Community Support Group